Reasons why I should go to BlogHer this July 27-28:
1. I can drive the 450 miles north to Chicago. I suppose I could drive to Memphis and take Amtrak, but then I’d feel guilty that the children weren’t getting a train ride.
2. I was born in Chicago. The last time I was in Chicago I was 18 and there with the classmates from my first college. That trip can be summed up in one sentence. I didn’t get carded anywhere.
3. The reaction of locals when I order a sweet tea.
4. The only nights I’ve spent away from home in the past 4 years were at the hospital giving birth. The last time I had a night without any of the children, Amy was conceived. The last night I had to myself, I was traveling for business and pregnant with Amy, so no alcohol. I was barely able to keep food down.
5. None of the children have birthdays in July. Two in May, two in June and one in August though.
6. Something interesting to photograph for flickr.
7. Blogging is the only thing I do for myself. The rest of my life is about everyone else’s needs.
Reasons why I won’t go to BlogHer this July 27-28:
2. social anxiety
3. Doug home alone with 5 children.